Hey, great news. Clever blogger, Nam Writes, nominated me for a Liebster Award! She is a HI-larious writer (go see for yourself) so I was flattered that she nominated me. First thing I did was Google, “What is a Liebster Award?” Then I Googled, “What kind of riches and glory come with this award?” Then I wondered, “Is it pronounced ‘LEEBster’ or ‘LIEBster’?” Inquiring minds want to know.
To accept the award and receive the 500 million dollar prize (a girl can dream, right?), I must follow a few rules:
- I must list 11 things about myself.
- I must answer the 11 questions asked of me by my nominator.
- I must nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them in my post.
- I must list 11 questions for my nominees to ponder and answer.
- I must go to my nominees’ page and tell them they were nominated.
Following Rule #1…here are some earth-shattering factoids about me:
- I can’t hear very well. In fact, I wear 2 hearing aids and I say “What?” a lot. I try to come up with alternatives to the word ‘what’ and some of my faves include: “Huh?”, “I’m sorry?”, “Pardon?”.
- I am allergic to vodka but it turns out that only the kind made from wheat bothers me.
- When I talk to myself, sometimes I laugh out loud. Nobody gets me like I do.
- I love those smelly fragrance balls that you put in your laundry but I only use them for myclothes. The rest of the family is banned from using my fragrance balls.
- I hate hot dogs and always have. As a kid, I would tell my little sisters they were eating pig’s butt whenever they were eating hot dogs.
- I’m pretty sure I was a famous singer and/or dancer in a past life. I don’t know who though, so I guess I wasn’t that famous.
- I just started running this year and finished my first half marathon. I consider myself an athlete now.
- I find dolls creepy.
- I will NOT set foot in a dark room without first turning on the lights.
- Germs freak me out so I wash my hands at least 15 times a day.
- I love to play board games and card games but no one else in my family does.
Alrighty, moving right along. Rule #2…Here are the questions my nominator, Nam Writes, asked of me:
- What is your favorite song to work out to? I love running to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake. Don’t judge, thank you.
- In a parallel universe, you are…A talented and sort of famous singer/dancer.
- What is your secret talent most people don’t know you possess? I have eyes in the back of my head.
- What’s your favorite word? Yes.
- What’s your least favorite word? What.
- What movie do you watch over and over? Napoleon Dynamite.
- What is the blog you read first in the day? Whatever is at the top of my reader then I take it from there.
- What is your favorite mode of travel? The trusty automobile. Road trips rule.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I love Moose Tracks. It’s a Northwestern thing.
- Glee is a) awesome; b) ridiculous –why are they constantly breaking out in song; or c) what’s Glee? ANSWER: A. Glee is funtastic and I like to sing a long if I know the words.
- What is your favorite article of clothing? I have these super cute jeans that make my butt look really good.
Rule #3 – Nominate 11 bloggers. I nominated these folks because they either entertain me, teach me, encourage me, read me (well, my blog), keep me coming back for more and/or make me smile out loud. My nominees for the Liebster Award are…….
- Athlete in Me
- Skinny Little Whippet
- Confessions of a Caffeinated Mother Runner
- symmetry tactics
- quick as molasses
- Fit Fun Mom
- Ch’I Journey
Finally, Rule #4…My thought provoking questions for the above nominees:
- What was your favorite comic strip as a child?
- Do you own any pets? If so, what kind?
- Why do you blog?
- If you could only own one book, what would it be?
- Do you color inside the lines or outside?
- What word would your mother use to describe you?
- What word would your best friend use to describe you?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Have you ever been in a bar brawl?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What have you done to prepare for a zombie invasion?
That was it. I’m an award winner, yo. Anyone know when I will get my $500 million dollars?